Alternative External Mic

Does anyone have a solution to using a wireless lavalier mic with the Theta V? All tripod screws that I have come across block the mic port at the bottom of the Theta.

At this point, my only solution is to hacksaw off a portion of the tripod screw base to allow entry.

To another point on mics, does anyone know if other commercial mics actually work (obviously without using a tripod at this point…)

Go to a hardware store like Home Depot or Orchard Supply and Hardware (OSH) and get a common threaded rod and rod coupling that is 1/4" by 20 threads per inch (tpi)

With this adapter, you should be able to fit your microphone jack in. If this doesn’t work, please let us the problem.

Looks like a great solution. We’ll give it a shot.

(Sorry if this was already posted in the community… I didn’t find this while I was searching around.)

Adam, feel free to ask as many questions as you want. This is a friendly community and we’ll help you if we can.

You can adjust the length of the threaded rod to meet your specific requirements.

Some people have gone long:

or have put the THETA on top of poles

Note the jack for spatial audio

You may want to use a separate device and then mix it with the video footage or use one for the person talking and one for spatial audio.

See this article:

People have also used this:

Also, see this tweet for information on locking audio to a specific object in 360 video.

Basically, use BlueRippleSound or Facebook Spatial Workstations powered by Audio360