Even though it was cloudy last night it was a Full Moon so I set up for a shoot of 5000 Hi-Res pictures starting just before Sunset. I decided not to use auto on this run and opted to use a fixed iso of 320 while letting the Theta S pick the shutter speed. I also set the WB to "shade". I woke up at 5am and checked the iPhone 7+ which was running the Python script and storing all the stills only to find that it completed its full run 10 minutes earlier at 4:52. Since sunrise had not yet started I went ahead and started another run of 1500 Hi-Res pictures at 5:09.
When I got up again at 8am I found that the script had stopped while processing picture 418 of the second run at 6:04 (Sunrise was to be at 6:12). Close.
I went and pulled the rig back into the house to find that the Theta S status light was blinking red but all the rest of the lights looked good. My battery was still at 3/4 charge. The Theta S returned to normal operation after a power reset. I have no idea why it froze.
I used FFMPG to create the two linked videos. One is 60 fps and the other is 30 fps. I used all 5417 pictures (5376x2688) that I had captured to make the videos (converted down to 2048x1024).
The run of 5000 was completed in 10 Hours 38 minutes and 30 seconds for an average of 7.662 seconds per picture.
It is surprising what can be done with an iPhone running a python script, a Theta S, external battery, selfie stick and bungie cords.
60 fps video
30 fps video
Use the 1080 quality viewing selection on YouTube for best results.