RICOH Cloud API Beta Access Ends March 31st, 2017

This email was sent to participants in the THETA IoT x Developers Contest RICOH.

The RICOH Cloud API (beta version) can be used until March 31st, 2017 although the RICOH THETA x IoT Developers Contest is officially concluded by the final awards ceremony held on November 7, 2016.

We plan to release a new service that will replace RICOH Cloud API (beta version). Please look forward to the announcement.

Just got this email from RICOH.

Subj: [RICOH THETA x IoT Developers Contest] Re-registration for using Cloud API(Beta version)

To the users of Ricoh Cloud API (beta version)

This is a notice regarding the Cloud API.

There was a technical issue with Cloud API, and it was unavailable for a while.
Now the issue has been resolved, but if you would like to continue using
Cloud API, please re-create the same user id (Email address) by following the
“2. Create User Account” in the following URL.
http://docs.ricohapi.com/docs/user-account-setup-guide/

As has been notified, Cloud API (Beta version) will be available until
March 31, 2017.

RICOH THETA x IoT Developers Contest Secretariat Office
support@contest.theta360.com

I have a note out to the support@ email to check and see if there’s any way for new people to get access to the cloud to use it as a WebRTC signaling server.

1 Like

Confirmation email from RICOH on ending RICOH Cloud API access. It does mention a “future cloud API offering,” so maybe there’s something in the works. I have no other info than this email.

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 6:10 PM, RICOH THETA x IoT Developers Contest Office support@contest.theta360.com wrote:

To the users of Ricoh Cloud API (beta version)

As already announced, Cloud API (beta version) will be discontinued on March 31, 2017.
Please wait for an announcement from Ricoh for the future cloud API offering.

RICOH THETA x IoT Developers Contest Secretariat Office
support@contest.theta360.com

Has there been any response from Ricoh?

Audrey,

What response are you looking for from RICOH? Are you asking about a cloud API offering from RICOH?

Jesse

I think the question might be if the Cloud API is back online. The person might want to use this example, which requires the Ricoh Cloud server for BOSH/AUTH

That was over a year and a half ago.

https://api.ricoh/products/live-streaming-api/

There’s also this interesting example up now. Do you have time to sign up for their service and try it?

@jcasman can you contact the people you spoke to from the api.ricoh group and ask them if the

Peer-to-Peer Communication example explained in this document works with the Ricoh THETA V and Ricoh THETA S?
From the web site, it appears that it does.

I asked a guy I know at Ricoh. He mentioned that the Live Streaming API and the Peer-to-Peer Communication API were both tested with the THETA S. He indicated that both APIs should work with the THETA V.

I think it would be worthwhile to sign up for the service and download the sample code.

1 Like

Hi everyone! Sorry for the late response, but I was talking about the Ricoh Cloud API. I originally thought that they do not provide this service anymore, but I was mistaken. Sorry again for the late reply.

1 Like

I think that you’re right. I believe they recently announced this for the US market.

https://api.ricoh/

It was in beta earlier. It’s now open for public use.

If you have a moment, let us know what type of project you’re building with the Ricoh Cloud API. I haven’t used it in a while, but was planning to take another look at it to use with the THETA V Plug-in API.

1 Like

Yeah sure! So I was originally going to use it to build a video-chat application similar to the one on git-hub, because I needed wireless live streaming. But I later realized that what I needed to build was something using a bridge. So I’m currently looking into .getLivePreview and seeing where that leads me.

2 Likes