Problem charging Theta S

I have the following problem. I put my camera Ricoh Theta S to load and it loads up off the red LED. Once charging ends I turn on the camera and works normally. When I try to turn it ON on the next day. It does not have battery anymore.

Does anyone know what can it be??

What is the amperage of the wall charger you are using? Are you using the same cable that came with your camera? A lot of the mobile phone charges for newer smartphones have a current output of 1.5amps. Try that with the cord that came with the camera.

Check the charge and make sure it is charged.

http://lists.theta360.guide/uploads/default/optimized/1X/abb74f42ced9f937ef4f2738902ae09053e2abd6_1_690x453.jpg

Look at the bottom of the mobile app

http://lists.theta360.guide/uploads/default/optimized/1X/c716bbfa2335320e36f3feade6ecd5ad3c397596_1_341x500.jpg

The battery charges 100 % and works one hour or less.

Have you tried contacting RICOH support about a warranty claim? My camera lasts several hours. I think @jcasman also had a battery issue, but I think it lasted more than an hour. I’ve used two of these and both got more than an hour.

Are you taking video continuously for an hour and then it dies?

Just a quick follow up, not adding a lot of specific information. The RICOH THETA S that I use appears to last about 2 hours total in a “normal level” of on and off picture taking, video taking type setup. This is after charging to full. I will try to test it more fully over the next week and see how much time it really lasts.

I spoke to my father about this. He used to be a professional troubleshooter for US government high-end computers. He’s also still very much a hardware hacker, having just replaced a battery in a closed GPS unit he uses for golfing. He has a bunch of professional test equipment for electronics in his workshop. Anyway, his theory is that the battery construction is much thinner now days to save weight and a small number of units will have bad batteries due to the OEM battery supplier, which is often in another country. His recommendation was to change the battery if it is already out of warranty. Personally, I wouldn’t change it. However, he’s the type of guy to take apart anything. He told me to share information on replacing the battery, but to me this is a mixed bag since some people may break the camera. It seems best to get the battery replaced under warranty.