@jcasman and I have meetings with the RICOH product manager in charge of the THETA from time to time. We could create a shared document or poll to provide feedback. Here are the challenges:
- we need a way to prioritize or summarize a broad set of feedback. (my current idea is to run a poll)
- neither @jcasman nor I are experts in video or photography. For example, in this case, I don’t completely understand downsampling and kbit/s rates.
- we have limited communication with RICOH engineers and it’s usually around an event such as a hackathon where they want help preparing a demo.
The good parts:
- we talk to the THETA product manager at least twice a month
- the product manager is open to getting summary information of feature requests and summary feedback from us. He can read English with no problem
- RICOH is assessing a more formalized THETA developer partner program with clearer benefits and process to participate. As part of the program, there may be a way to release more specs under NDA that third-party developers need to develop more software and accessories for the THETA. @jcasman and I are helping with the planning for the partner program
- The camera is selling well and there are more resources being put into the camera specifications and the software
Here’s the poll discussion topic. Please add your request to the thread. We will share the features with the product marketing engineering manager for the THETA. He is in contact with the entire product group.