Who: Thuong Ho
Vocation: Software engineer
Where: San Jose, California
Interested in Forming Contest Team: Yes
Web Site: http://www.thuongho.com/
To access the THETA, Thuong used the node osc-client module written by Satoru Yamada.
Thuong assesses his skills as follows.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get in touch with Thuong and propose to work with him on a project for the contest. He is currently in the ideation phase. We’ll send you
his email so you can communicate with him directly. Thuong is also willing to respond
to questions about setup for his application or libraries.
He’s interested in exchanging information
with other people that share his technology interests.
will need to use node.js.
If you want to display a 360 image in a browser, here are two open source libraries.
If you want to stitch a streaming dual-fisheye 360 video, here is some sample code:
- thetaview.js from video streaming sample app developed by RICOH Cloud API.
Detailed directions on running thetaview.js is here.
Other tips on Development
- install dual network interfaces to connect to the THETA and the Internet at the same time
- Use a HTTP testing tool like DHC REST Client to save HTTP tests
- If you’re not using a library to access the THETA, the Request - Simplified HTTP client is easy to use
- If you’re building a mobile app, people in the forum have been using Appcelerator Titanium